Thursday, August 6, 2009

Disapproving friends

Imagine my shock and dismay, when one of my friends, upon hearing of one of my money saving ideas, said, "Why don't you just save up your money, and do it right next year?" How can anyone else decide what is right for me? What is right for me, is not spending money that I don't have.

Hmmm....will she get axed off the guest list...not sure yet.

Well, I do need to trim that guest list a bit, as my mother keeps adding her friends' names to the list. I was so angry with her. I said, "Mom, I keep axing my friends' names off the list so that you can add yours??????? Unfortunately, by adding their names to the list, it means that I also add, an additional ten people, who are closely associated with the first couple.

I wouldn't have to be so careful when constructing my guest list, but I have decided not to hire a wedding tent for our outdoor wedding. I have decided to do a lot of praying instead, for sunny weather. Please help me in this. I was all for the idea, of hiring a tent, until I discovered that it was fourteen hundred dollars. So I am currently having a dilemna about how I can possibly fit 80 people in my house in the case of rain.

My friend told me that in town where she grew up that, Catholics would hang their rosary beads on their clothesline the day before a local wedding, in order to help bring about sunshine for the duration of the wedding ceremony. Anyone know any Catholics?

No comments:

Post a Comment