Thursday, August 6, 2009

How to get a good deal on a great wedding photographer

I decided to get married on a Friday instead of a Saturday, just to save on the cost of a wedding photographer. I basically scanned a local bargain hunting online site, for wedding photographers, and did online interviews to find out how flexible they were in terms of what they would allow me to suggest, asked for pictures of their work, and what they would include in a smaller wedding package than was advertised on their site, etc. My partner made a spreadsheet so we could easily compare wedding packages. I really lucked out here, because I could have ended up with a dud without asking for references. We had our engagement photos done last night, and they turned out absolutely beautifully. He spent an hour and a half with us on a local beach and had the proofs for us to pick up this morning. The cost for the engagement session was fifty dollars. He dropped his rate from twelve hundred dollars to four hundred dollars because it was not a Saturday!!!! And that included the engagement session. He took two hundred and sisty-seven shots on the beach.

We were extremely pleased with his work, and look forward to the actual wedding day to see what kind of photos he comes up with then. Just remember, it never hurts to ask if someone can cut you a deal or offer you a smaller wedding package.

I will see if I can somehow manage to post one of them for you to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment