Friday, August 7, 2009

Making your own wedding invitations

Okay, I thought that this was going to be be a cheap idea, but it has cost a fortune. First I bought a Cuttlebug to emboss pages, and that was ninety-nine dollars, but I had a fifty percent off coupon from Michaels, but then I bought shiny paper, probably ten dollars worth, two blank invitation kits, thirty-two dollars, and I didn't end up using the envelopes, two packages of vellum paper for the insides, twenty-four dollars, thirty-two dollars worth of little pearl stickers, thirteen dollars for some floral business cards to put on the inside with additional wedding information, like an email address and a phone number to eliminate the costs of adding additional stamps to the R.S.V.P. cards, thirteen dollars for some vellum tape, two flower punches, thirteen dollars, a new printer for twenty dollars, two glue pens for eight dollars..whoah, I am afraid to total this up....yikes. I know I must be missing something...twenty-five dollars for additional envelopes that were the right size. So that brings us to $273.60!!!!!! It would have been so much cheaper to just buy little cheap invitation kits from Walmart! I think that they are around five dollars for ten of them or something. Or it would have been cheaper to just order them from an actual invitation place. Not to mention that I have been wasting a good part of my last two weeks making them.

On a brighter note, I bought my thank you cards for eight dollars for a package of sixteen, for a total of $54.65. Well they are not finished yet, either, as I have to print out little 2 by 3 inch photos of Mark and I to put on the front. They are certainly cute, and I bought them at Staples. I will definitely post pictures of them, when I figure out how to work my new camera.

So were either of these smart economical choices...nope..and I have definitely gone over budget on them for sure...blown the budget...blown the budget. I will have to cut back on something else to make up for it.

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    I'm so sorry that you couldn't download the file from tpt! If you want you can send me an email so that I can try to send it to you that way! My email is lessonswithlaughter@yahoo.com. Thanks so much for letting me know!

    Molly

    ReplyDelete